SYTTENDE MAI (MAY 17) AT NANSEN FIELD!
Sunday, May 21, 2017
15 Hidden Valley Road, Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
Gates open 9:30AM
Program Starts at 10:50AM with hoisting of the American and Norwegian flags
- Greeting from Honorary Consul of Norway in Los Angeles, Mr. Michael Soroy
- Tale for dagen / Featured Speaker: Ms. Judith Gabriel Vinje, a regular contributor to the Norwegian American and a former board member of the Scandinavian American Cultural and Historical Foundation at California Lutheran University, where she has also been editor of The Nordic Spirit News
- Sermon by Norwegian pastor Sverre Tofte of the Norwegian Seamen’s Church, San Pedro
- “17. mai tog” – traditional procession around Nansen Field
- Children’s activities including a bouncing castle, face painting and traditional games like sekkeløp and the 60-meter dash
- Sale of hot dogs, hamburgers, beer, wine, soft drinks (including Solo), Norwegian waffles and chocolates, and more
- Vendors selling Norwegian-themed products
Special silent auction:
15-day ocean cruise with Viking Cruises in Penthouse Veranda accommodations, visiting Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Poland, Germany, Russia and Estonia. $18,000 value, valid for travel in 2018. Bids accepted in advance or on the day. All proceeds will go to the upkeep of Nansen Field.
Click here for more information.SNI Viking Cruises Auction 2017 info